CKD® – Certified Kitchen Designers have a minimum of 7 years experience designing residential kitchen spaces. They are highly skilled in design, space planning and product selection and have extensive knowledge of building codes, flooring materials, appliances, and mechanical systems. They write specifications and draw plans that are easily interpreted by plumbers, electricians, and installers. A CKD must meet specific education requirements.
Why Hire a CKD?
Choosing the right design professional is an important decision for your project’s success. By selecting an NKBA Certified Designer, you will be working with a professional who:
- Has demonstrated comprehensive knowledge in kitchen and bath design, as well as construction, mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems
- Adheres to a strict Code of Professional Conduct
- Is an expert in the NKBA Kitchen & Bath Planning Guidelines & Access Standards, which recognizes the importance of consumer health, safety and welfare in kitchen and bath design
- Is a member of the NKBA, the kitchen and bath industry’s leading professional organization that provides them with the training and tools needed to succeed
- Is skilled at assessing consumers’ individual needs and wants and creating designs that meet and exceed these requirements
- Remains current on local building codes, safety and environmental regulations and the wealth of new products and equipment on the market